We process film and plates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please submit your file by 9 am for same-day processing. Files received after 9 am will be processed on the next scheduled platemaking day. Please send your files to email@example.com with the following information:
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Film/Plate size and material
- Quantity of film/plates
- If ordering plate(s), would you like your film?
- Shipping method (if applicable, see below for options)
- Please remember to attach your file(s), including any linked image and/or font files
Our preferred file types are native Illustrator (.ai) or Indesign (.indd) files with all fonts outlined (or font files included). If you have images, please include the individual image files as well. We can also process press-quality PDFs and bitmapped images. For halftones or trapping multicolor files, please call to discuss.
If your file(s) require editing, we will assess a small pre-flight charge (price dependent on the time required for revisions).
Please use one of the templates below to prepare your file and note that we need at least 0.5" between your artwork and the edge of the plate (denoted by the magenta key line in the templates), and remember to delete all of the magenta template artwork before sending us your final file(s). Check out our FAQ for more detailed questions & answers!
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Bank Transfer (via our secure online payment links within the e-invoice for your order)
- PayPal: Click the "Send Money" tab > Pay for goods or services > enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient and the total invoice amount.
- Cash and Check for in-person pick-ups
- USPS Priority Mail: typically 1-3 business days, except during holidays:
$6.55 flat rate for standard Priority envelopes; $8.50 for larger film and plate orders (larger than A4 plate size/film orders requiring tubes).
Priority mail is no longer a guaranteed service and may take longer than 3 business days, especially during the holidays. If you’re under a deadline we recommend using Golden State Overnight (GSO) or UPS instead — both cost a little bit more but offer much better tracking and faster delivery options.
- Golden State Overnight (GSO): guaranteed overnight delivery to anywhere in California and select regions of Western Arizona and Nevada (our favorite!).
- GSO Ground - Guaranteed by 5:30 PM next day for most places – $11
- Rates also available on a case-by-case basis for early AM, noon, and Saturday deliveries. Please inquire.
- UPS Ground: $10 flat rate for most SF Bay area addresses. Inquire for areas outside the SF Bay area or for faster options.
- Fedex: Please inquire.
- Courier for local deliveries – please inquire for pricing.