OUR COMMITMENT to the ENVIRONMENT
There have been many discussions in the print community regarding the ecological impact of print. Here at Logos Graphics, we strive to minimize our environmental footprint in the following ways:
- Papers. We choose our papers very carefully, not only for their print quality but also based on how they are produced. Our standard house paper is 100% cotton cover, which is tree-free and made from linters and recycled textile scraps. We also support paper merchants who use renewable energy and are either carbon neutral or use Verified Emissions Reduction credits (VERs). Our preferred papers are Processed Chlorine Free (PCF) and have Green-e, Green Seal, and FSC certifications with high percentages of recycled and post-consumer waste content.
- Inks and Solvents. Due to the custom nature of our work, we use a minimal amount of ink by mixing only what we need. Our screen printing and intaglio inks are water-based and non-toxic, while our zero-level solvents meet California’s strictest VOC requirements.
- Film and Plates. Our film negatives and positives are recycled, as are our aluminum offset plates. We also store and reuse film and photopolymer plates for long-term clients with repeat orders.
- Electronic Billing. We send electronic overdue invoices and billing statements to clients. If you prefer printed copies, please let us know.
- Low-cost Paper Sales. Twice a year, we host a popular paper sale featuring off-cuts of paper stock, envelopes, and plate material at low prices. These goods find new homes with dozens of local printers and book artists without going to the dumpster or recycling.
- Donations. We also donate off-cuts to the San Francisco Center for the Book as well as SCRAP, a nonprofit creative reuse center that provides schools and artists with art supplies for free or low cost.
- Packaging. We recycle all of our paper and plate carton packaging. After inspection, we break down larger packaging containers and corrugated cardboard, repurposing these materials for all shipped orders.